Emotions and chronic pain can play a big part in making bad decisions; so remember this should be a business deal not an emotional encounter. Crooked chiropractors seek out desperate patients because they make easy marks who will accept any deal offered, no matter how bad.
You can avoid falling victim to high-pressure or excitement/fear inducing treatment recommendations by taking the following precautions:
1. Ask for a specific treatment recommendation with a price quote and get it in writing.
2. Practice due diligence by checking for hidden fees and extras that can potentially rack up your final bill.
3. Be sure that you are getting everything you need for the promised fee.
4. Ask to speak with former patients to get their perspective on their treatment experience and your Chirporactor’s “bedside manner”. Ask your friends and family for referrals for who to use and NOT to use.
5. Don’t let your emotions overshadow your consumer rights by accepting less than you want or need.
6. Call around and investigate which chiropractor can truly meet your needs and is a match for you.